Missouri UFO Traffic Spikes Then Slows Down!

Roger Marsh,
UFO Examiner

UFO reports have slowed down since the October 3-4, 2011, spike. Photo: Walnut Street, downtown Kansas City, MO, 1906.
Credits: Wikipedia.

The skies over the Kansas City, MO, area seemed to have returned to more average UFO sightings following a case spike on October 3-4, 2011, according to reported cases from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database logged in through 7 a.m., October 13, 2011.

Missouri MUFON  and the MUFON STAR Team are investigating reports not associated with an EAA Flying Team that was rehearsing night formation flying between 7:40  and 8:20 p.m. on October 4, 2011. Here is a summary of cases between October 3 and 13. Additional cases were also telephoned or emailed directly to Missouri MUFON which inflate the case numbers listed here.

More in-depth reports will follow upon conclusion of MUFON’s investigation. Past Missouri coverage is here. For the lastest UFO Traffic Report on all U.S. activity – see today’s report.

October 3, 2011

As of 7 a.m., October 13, 2011, 8 reports from this date have been logged into MUFON. Report dates: October 4, 4 cases; and one case each on October 5, 6, 7 and 10.

October 4, 2011

As of 7 a.m., October 13, 2011, 27 reports from this date have been logged into MUFON. Report dates: October 4, 2 cases; October 5, 10 cases; October 6, 5 cases; October 7, 4 cases; October 8, 2 cases; October 9, 2 cases; October 10, 1 case; October 12, 1 case. Remember that many of the cases from this date were identified.

After the Spike

October 5, 2011

  • Witness was driving home along I-35 at 8 p.m. and had just passed NE Antioch Road when something hovering was noticed in the sky. “It seem like it was by Liberty. It was a little bigger than a helicopter with white, bright beams of light on the bottom. At first I thought it was a UFO, then I looked again at the object and saw a red blinking light in the middle – so I thought – UFOs do not have red lights – so I just assumed it was a helicopter. Then I got off the highway and lost track of the object. Then I heard on the radio about the UFO sightings.” Case 32462.
  • Eight employees in a company van – near Royals Stadium – “We see lights hovering above the highway I 70. We caught it on video on one of the employee’s phones. It looked like it was about 500 feet from the ground and in the shape of a circle, but as we got closer, it seemed to be a triangular shape. There was no noise coming from the UFO. It had blue and white lights flashing all over . The lights were so bright, it almost blinded me driving . It really shook us all up. We could not believe what we had seen.” Case 32448.
  • Witness driving south on Douglass in Lee’s Summit at 9:50 p.m. and stopped at Forest Street. “A bright orange/red fireball moved over the top of my car from the back to the front and hovered over my vehicle, almost at exactly 90 degrees above me, but slightly forward above the windshield. It stayed there for 10 minutes. I was too scared to move, or drive on, and just sat there, frozen, until it took off very quickly directly east. It was out of sight in less than five seconds.” Case 32428.

October 6, 2011

  • Witness out walking dog at at SE 5th Terrace and Todd George Road on the Prairie View Grade School property about 200 feet southwest of the school building. “I noticed there was a patch of sky with no stars visible. I kept looking at it because it was moving so slow and eventually it was obvious it had a triangle shape. It was creepy because there was absolutely no sound and it felt like the object was more stretching toward me than any obvious movement. It was getting larger, and I felt it was more massive, but I could see nothing but a flat, black triangle against a fairly star-filled sky. It seemed like 2-3 minutes had passed. I looked down at my dog, partly to check on him, but I was also feeling a little shaken and wanted to change my focus. I looked back up about 10-15 seconds later and the point of the triangle was in the process of turning from its northwest direction and within a minute was moving south. I watched it until it disappeared against the night sky.” Case 32560.

October 7, 2011

  • Witness describes bright light. “About 8:30pm was out again with dogs on deck and there was the same light in sky, east of my home, seeming to be over Odessa. Very, very bright. Was below the cloud cover.”

October 8, 2011

  • Couple driving toward St. Louis along I-44 east at I-270 intersection near Fenton-Sunset Hill, noticed “strange lights” moving over the trees from the south and moving north, northwest. “There were three lights in the front. They were a white/yellow/red color. They formed a triangle and seemed to pause in the sky. Another light from behind moved faster and caught up to the triangle and seemed to merge with the light at the top of the triangle. These lights then took off north and I focused on the rest that were still there. The next three to follow were in a straight line, yet the closer we got to being directly below them they were in a slight triangle. The three behind that also changed orientation from a straight line to triangle-like patterns. The only light that changed orientation was the center one and the two on the outside stayed parallel to the horizon as they slowly moved north northwest.” PhotoVideoCase 32541.

October 9, 2011

  • Witness driving home from work and “noticed a shining light moving at incredible speed through the sky changing directions and zipping back and forth.” Then the object “slowed to a hover and seemed a ways into the distance; but then it began to glow and it glowed brighter and brighter until its light was blinding and impossible to overlook. Its light seemed to be only yards away and then the glow began to dissipate and shrink back to its original position. Only when the shape took form again, it seemed to be oval-shaped and no longer sphere-shaped.” Case 32497.

October 11, 2011


  • Witness driving home from work, 9:45 p.m., when a “blue and red object came up quickly out from behind the trees, hovered for about 5-10 seconds and then quickly left the area.” PhotoCase 32540
  • Witness driving home to Raytown and “stopped at a light when I saw an object hovering in the sky. Couldn’t make out what it was.” Photo 1, Photo 2, Photo 3. Case 32539.
  • Downtown Kansas City. 5:47 a.m. “The reason I took the picture in the first place was to prove that there is an ongoing incursion or deluge of these things,” the witness stated. Photo 1, Photo 2, Photo 3. Case 32535.

Source; www.examiner.com

Most recent posts by Roger Marsh

All posts by Roger Marsh