Dr. Gary Lincoff and his wife, Susan were boating on North Conway Lake in New Hampshire, near the North Conway mines, on May 13, 1998.

They paddled into a deep hidden canyon, entering between huge boulders which formed a narrow gateway.

They had been there before and made love in the wild flowers in a field.

They pulled the boat up onto the narrow beach shadowed by overhanging willows and had a cold lunch of chicken and white wine.

It was a pristine landscape to wander in and dream.

Soon they felt the air vibrate strongly like an explosion’s aftershock.

“What in God’s name was that?” Susan asked.

Her husband answered, “I’ll bet it’s a shockwave from a dynamite explosion at the North Conway mine.”

“But there was no sound, and we’re miles and miles from the mine.”

He thought for a moment, “You’re damned right.”

He climbed the boulder behind him and he said, “I should be able to figure out what has happened if I can see out over the lake from up there.”

“You’ll probably fall and kill yourself,” his wife warned.

After hard climbing he reached the top which was split and he could look out through a sharp cleft in the rock.

Two large, shiny, round craft floated on the water just beyond the narrow entrance to the cove. What he had seen was so unbelievable that he scrambled down to get his wife.

Both climbed to the well hidden perspective


Both craft were fifty to sixty feet wide, about twenty feet thick at the center and fifteen feet thick at the rim.

Round, black-edged ports covered the rim at a distance of every four feet. On the top sides, hatch covers were open and moving slowly around its surface were spindly creatures who moved in unison like robots.

On both ships over their heads from a central position was a slowly rotating hoop-shaped object.

When the hoop reached a point directly opposite the husband and wife it stopped. So did the creatures.

They stared toward the couple’s hiding place and remained motionless.

The husband pulled at his wife’s dress, “Jesus, get down.”

Both did. They were sure the creatures had spotted them. They hid until they noticed that a deer below had come to the water’s edge to drink.

They hoped that the strange creatures were watching the deer and they rose for another look. The hoop was rotating once more, operated by a creature standing below it, who wore a small, scarlet head covering.

All were small and wore close-fitting dark suits and blue helmets.

One creature placed a shiny green hose in the water, drawing in water and at the same time discharging something from another hose.

Again the hoop stopped and all the figures froze. They stared toward the couple on the rock. Husband and wife ducked and counted to thirty before they inched up for another look.

Two hours later, dazed and confused, missing time, the couple ambled back into their boat and headed for home.

They were both grim faced and neither spoke for the whole trip back, and the further they traveled from the lake, the more their amnesia of the incident grew.

That night, as his son slept, he stole into the bedroom and removed three books by J.M.Barrie; he felt strongly protective and oddly repulsed by the idea of Peter Pan, a never-aging figure who comes down from the sky and floats children out of their bedroom, accompanied by a little ball of light:

Tinker bell.

Director of CIA, Admiral R.H. Hillenkoetter: “It is time for the truth to be brought out in open Congressional hearings. Behind the scenes, high-ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, citizens are led to believe the unknown flying objects are nonsense. To hide the facts, the Air Force has silenced its personnel.” p. 58, quoted from New York Times, February 28, 1960, p. L30